A downloadable game for Windows
The Nightmare from Beyond is a cosmic-horror third person platformer inspired by the works of H. P. Lovecraft. You take on the role of Sanja, a young woman from the D'nyg race, as she explores a mysterious land in search for her sister, Dajana.
There, Sanja will decipher what that place is, what is happening there, and why her sister was taken. She will also be in constant danger, for unspeakable horrors are watching her every move.
- Face The Nightmare: Uncover an oppressive and gripping tale about corruption and immorality, inspired by different works of the Lovecraft mythos. Make your way through a dangerous land, with unspeakable dreads that are worse than death itself.
- Explore diverse environments: Immerse yourself in haunting labyrinthine areas, from mysterious temples to quaint alien locations, that blend together to deliver an intriguing story.
- Experience varied gameplay: At its core, The Nightmare from Beyond is a 3d platformer. However, the game sometimes changes into a sidescroller perspective, a first person perspective, or a CCTV-fixed-camera game.
- Confront environmental challenges: Traverse the environments as you leap over pits, cling onto ledges, climb structures and solve puzzles to advance in your quest. Find different gadgets and combine them with your skills to reach new areas and learn more about the mysterious location you are in.
- Capture memories with "Photo Mode": Move the camera anywhere you want and share memorable screenshots with the community. Photo Mode does not pause the game, so you can also use your screen capture app to record video for animated gifs, video montages or animations.
The Nightmare from Beyond is currently in development. The finished game will offer full campaign playable from start to finish, and will include areas never seen during the Early Access phase. It will also will feature these elements:
- An interconnected world, like a "platformer metroidvania" where you will be able to use items you collect, or open shortcuts, to navigate the world.
- Recorded voices (in English) and localized subtitles (full list of supported languages not available yet)
- More and better audio effects. Improved textures, animations, visual effects, etc.
- Different endings.
Updates plan: We plan to release"big" updates every two or three months ("big" updates meaning updates that add new gameplay elements or features), along with frequent bug fixes and patch releases that address bugs and issues you may find.
Minimum system requirements:
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Core i3 2.4Ghz or equivalent
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 2GB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 2200 MB available space
- Sound Card: DirectSound-compatible sound device
|Published||81 days ago|
|Release date||68 days ago|
|Tags||3D Platformer, Action-Adventure, cosmic-horror, Female Protagonist, Horror, lovecraft, Sci-fi, Story Rich, Third Person, tomb-raider|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad (any)|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Dealing with NPCs and dialogues…8 days ago
- Bug fixes, and somewhat short on updates..30 days ago
- Jump changes and DOF…37 days ago
- [UPDATE] TNFB Release 2 is now available45 days ago
- New intro and controllers50 days ago
- Redesigning a monster…58 days ago
- Early access, DRM-free, and update plans64 days ago