The Nightmare from Beyond
A downloadable game for Windows
The Nightmare from Beyond is a cosmic-horror third person platformer inspired by the works of H. P. Lovecraft. You take on the role of Sanja, a young woman from the D'nyg race, as she explores a mysterious land in search for her sister, Dajana.
There, Sanja will decipher what that place is, what is happening there, and why her sister was taken. She will also be in constant danger, for unspeakable horrors are watching her every move.
- Face The Nightmare: Uncover an oppressive and gripping tale about corruption and immorality, inspired by different works of the Lovecraft mythos. Make your way through a dangerous land, with unspeakable dreads that are worse than death itself.
- Explore diverse environments: Immerse yourself in haunting labyrinthine areas, from mysterious temples to quaint alien locations, that blend together to deliver an intriguing story.
- Experience varied gameplay: At its core, The Nightmare from Beyond is a 3d platformer. However, the game sometimes changes into a sidescroller perspective, a first person perspective, or a CCTV-fixed-camera game.
- Confront environmental challenges: Traverse the environments as you leap over pits, cling onto ledges, climb structures and solve puzzles to advance in your quest. Find different gadgets and combine them with your skills to reach new areas and learn more about the mysterious location you are in.
- Capture memories with "Photo Mode": Move the camera anywhere you want and share memorable screenshots with the community. Photo Mode does not pause the game, so you can also use your screen capture app to record video for animated gifs, video montages or animations.
The Nightmare from Beyond is currently in development. The finished game will offer full campaign playable from start to finish, and will include areas never seen during the Early Access phase. It will also will feature these elements:
- An interconnected world, like a "platformer metroidvania" where you will be able to use items you collect, or open shortcuts, to navigate the world.
- Recorded voices (in English) and localized subtitles (full list of supported languages not available yet)
- More and better audio effects. Improved textures, animations, visual effects, etc.
- Different endings.
Updates plan: We plan to release"big" updates every two or three months ("big" updates meaning updates that add new gameplay elements or features), along with frequent bug fixes and patch releases that address bugs and issues you may find.
Minimum system requirements:
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Core i3 2.4Ghz or equivalent
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 2GB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 2200 MB available space
- Sound Card: DirectSound-compatible sound device
|Published||Aug 30, 2017|
|Release date||Sep 12, 2017|
|Tags||3D Platformer, Action-Adventure, cosmic-horror, Female Protagonist, Horror, lovecraft, Sci-fi, Story Rich, Third Person, tomb-raider|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad (any)|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- "Gameplay-style switching" and re-working the monster (again)21 days ago
- Small update and price change reminder34 days ago
- Bringing back the options menu, explanations, and impending price change49 days ago
- Item demonstration: "Not the eye of truth"62 days ago
- Happy new year, and sorry for the slow updates70 days ago
- Early Access Release 5 is out91 days ago
- Climbing and a weird creatureDec 08, 2017
- New coloring, platforming and item sneak-peekDec 01, 2017